Avoid Spamming – Learn how to do email marketing the right way
Here are some ideas to help you get the most out of your email marketing efforts;
- Promote special offers or limited time sales exclusively through your emails as a way of rewarding your customers for being on your email list. This simple email marketing method makes your subscribers feel good about getting your emails, and will often encourage them to get their friends to sign up as well. If you want to take things one step further you can even implement a referral program to try and encourage your current email subscribers to spread the word.
- Email marketing is a great tool for selling your product, but only if you keep sales in mind. Every email you send should be focused on making your readers want to buy something from you. Each one should be informative on a new or existing product and announce current promotions.
- You should ask your customers to opt-in and then confirm they wish to receive your newsletter. Although that may seem like overkill, it ensures they truly want to receive your emails – this reduces the likelihood that you will get in trouble for sending spam.
- Your company’s branding should extend to the marketing you do through email. Design an email template that incorporates elements from your website. By using the same fonts and colours, and including your logo in all of your marketing materials, you will create a consistent branded message. This will cause your readers to instantly recognize your company.
- Be certain that anyone you send messages to through email channels has given you permission to do so. Sending out unsolicited email will damage your brand and cost you current and future customers. Not to mention you may also find yourself blacklisted by some ISPs, causing even bigger problems for your business.
- Clearly display an unsubscribe link in all your emails. Don’t make it difficult to find – it is important that your customers feel in control and that they aren’t being forced into anything.
- Make sure your email marketing strategy makes use of “smart persistence.” However make sure it’s with the right customers. Constantly badgering someone about your products and services will only drive them away and waste your time and energy.
- Don’t send emails that require images to convey your information. Many email clients, especially web-based ones, do not display images by default. If a person is reading your email in one of these platforms it could render your message unreadable. Make sure the most important information appears in the email’s main text – if you must use images, be sure they have useful alt tags.
It is extremely important and cannot be stressed enough that the subscribers who get emails from you have willingly given your their full consent. Harassing people with unwanted emails will not only annoy people, but also result in lost sales.
ACTION STEP: Find out how we can help you get the most out of email marketing
We hope you enjoyed this article! Tell us what you think in the comments below…